Firstly, thank you for agreeing to be part of Layla Moran’s leadership campaign. Layla wants this to be a positive campaign, as we are all members of the same party, so that – regardless who wins – we
can all work together for the future of our party. Layla wants to build a positive movement, that we can all Move Forward Together.
As part of Layla Moran’s leadership campaign we are asking all volunteers engaged on the campaign to sign up to the (A) Code of Conduct and (B) Data Protection Agreement.
A) Code of Conduct
We are all members of the Liberal Democrats, regardless who you are backing for leadership. Therefore, we ask you to agree to the following:
• No negative campaigning about the other candidates; please remember that anything you do is done in Layla’s name and we all want the campaign to be a positive one. This includes, but is not limited to: personal attacks on other candidates, push polling, any forms of discrimination, bullying.
• Please engage with the other side on social media and other forms of communication in a cordial and courteous matter. We are expecting a healthy debate, but it must remain cordial.
• Do not feed the trolls! This doesn’t get you anywhere – apart from getting annoyed.
• Please escalate any issues with what other members or campaigns are doing or saying about Layla to the agent (Antony Hook), Nick da Costa or any other member of the Core Campaign Team.
B) You may be accessing and/or processing data as part of this leadership campaign. It is essential that you deal with this data in line with GDPR and other relevant regulations. You agree:
• To keep any personal data you have access to secure at all times
• Ensure that personal data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they’re processed (i.e. data is collected only in relation to the leadership campaign.)
• Not make copies of the data the campaign gives you or share it with anyone else, for any purpose.
• Destroy any personal data you have gathered at the end of the campaign, in line with guidance from the campaign.
Any breach of the data protection agreement may lead to disciplinary action under the Party Constitution and Membership Rules, any breach of the code of conduct and/or data protection agreement means that you would no longer be able to part in Layla Moran’s leadership campaign.
If you have any questions or concerns at any point of campaigning relating to data, please contact Antony Hook, Head of Compliance. email@example.com